Wednesday, June 3, 2015

refashion number 1

I have already started with the re-makes of my swapped items. The dark blue dress was meant to be a long sleeved top but alas, not enough material. So it turned into a short sleeved version. Since crop tops are not my style I also needed to lengthen the piece. After patching  together some off cuts  I was able to add some length and also made a little sash  at one side.  The pattern is Butterick 3030 and I made roughly version A.
                                                             







 Ich habe schon angefangen mit der Verarbeitung meiner Stuecke. Eigentlich wollte ich ein langaermeliges Top machen aber das Material reichte nicht. So entstand eine kurzaermelige Version. Es ist angelehnt an Butterick 3030, version A. Das Oberteil geriet etwas kurz und da ich aus dem Alter fuer Crop-Tops raus bin musste ich etwas anstueckeln zum verlaengern. An einer Seite liess ich den uebrigen Stoff vorstehen zum lose binden.   











6 comments:

  1. Impressive remake, your top looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sharon! More to follow once I get back from our holiday end of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great - goes so well with your jeans. The pattern stands out more now you have remade it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anna, yep, pretty happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would have not believed such a nice top could be made out of that outfit. I sew mostly with fabrics, have not tried using clothing. But I love looking at what others can make.
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Nina. I must say it does not always work out, but if not I did at least not spend a lot of money or often nothing at all! Always worth a try....

    ReplyDelete