Tuesday, May 14, 2013

More refashioning and resqueing from the rag bag

A little shop up the road had big sales on and I saw this nice and fresh white blouse on display for just $5.00. That's already cheap enough but the special on this particular day was another 25% off.
For the grand total of $3.75 I grabbed one, albeit in a very large and loose size 18. A couple of hours and some darts and tucks later I had a lovely piece to take with me on our holidays. I will need it since the temperatures in southern USA are already climbing towards the 30 degrees!










The next project was a chino skirt in petrol. To long, to baggy and to tight at the waist, not wearable in its original state. I cut the waistband off, shortened the length of it and also took in both sides. 
Fortunately I had some jeans cotton to stitch down the folded in waistband. Since the front vent had buttons all the way down, I ended up with a button hole close to the hemline. To take a way from this rather odd look I added a leftover button between the button holes. Another piece from which I will get a lot of mileage. Practical and color wise goes well with a lot of my existing pieces in my wardrobe. Not sure though if it will end up in the final to go packing pile! Space is of the issue since one case is already bursting with tent, sleeping bags etc and just the second suitcase is for clothes for the two of us








 Because of the detail shots the color of the two last pictures is a lot more blue than the real thing. 


 Last but not least a little white dress. Another neglected item which I bought several years ago but only wore once. The fit was fine but the length not good. Out came the scissors. 


As a little fancy extra I cut out the top back but left the collar on. Since I really like pockets, even though I hardly use them I put some on as well. I may change the buttons to red ones, just have to hunt around for something I like and which is special. May even buy some overseas, I know this fantastic button shop in Berne, Switzerland. Shall see.....

Girls, what do you reckon, red or white buttons?


The pictures are unfortunately not very good, eyes closed etc.  My photographer run out of   patience.

.    

No comments:

Post a Comment