Sunday, March 24, 2013

Gymwear




I am going to the gym quite a bit and also do Jazzercise once a week. I just cannot face wearing any old T shirt or "daggy" pants to go. Since there is very little available in colors other than black/dark blue or gray, especially in the pants sector, I decided to buy stretchy material and make some tops and pants. The patterns are either copied from some tops I already had and patched those together with some leftovers. The pants are an altered Burda pattern, from an older magazine. Do not recall which one it is. I do not have an overlocker but my trusty Bernina has some stitches suitable for stretch material. Together with the twinneedles I bought it works just fine.
I already have another couple of pieces of material ready to go. However, I definitely need other things more urgently than gym wear.  I bought the electric blue and turquoise from Spotlight when they had a sale on and the patterned bit from Pitt Trading. Another store I really like and which has lots of nice and more unusual material. I may even have an order to make an outfit for one of the girls at Fitness First.   

8 comments:

  1. I think the girls at Fitness First will be fighting to get you to make their gym gear first. Great work Therese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, don't like black at all and love the way you have mixed the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your nice comments girls! Shall see how I go re orders,
    will keep you posted if I need help Ha, Ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh wunderschöne Blau! Mit diesem Outfits wirst Du bestimmt ein Hingucker im Studio, wo meistens, wie Du gesagt hast, nur Grau, Schwarz oder Weiss zu sehen ist.

    Viele liebe Grüße,

    Rong

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading it. I'm supposed to be somewhere else in a minute but I stuck to reading the story. I like the quality of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking so perfect on you. I too want to get something like this for me. Looking for a nice pair of work out gear for myself and really not sure which online store should be trusted as all are giving good deals right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Joel and Groomy, thanks for your nice comments. I am glad you like visiting my blog, makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Joel and Groomy, thanks for your nice comments. I am glad you like visiting my blog, makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete